Blogger Widgets

Just when you were born


Just when you were born,
A tiny little gift wrapped in bliss,
Cuddled in my arms,
Crying to the noise around,
Flickering your lids,
To the sunlight bright,
Pouting your lips pink,
Beating your feet in freedom,
Strange faces surround,
So many bonds to know,
A sister, brother, father,
Our lovely neighbour Joe,
But the one that you always knew,
Through the cord within,
Was me. Yes, that’s true,
Making me feel strong, fresh and new.

TRIVIA
----------
{ A mother's first song to her kid. }

Day 10 - Letter J submission for April A to Z Challenge 2013.
                          


&copy Copyright Salvwi Prasad[POETICbug]

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. The birth of a child is always a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful. Keep penning more poems Salvwi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very gifted, I am posting a link to a poem you might like tomorrow, not my own but I think you will appreciate the style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks S.P Bowers, Preetilata and Ida.

    Ida, there is no link. I really love reading poems of others to help myself learn new styles and thinking.
    So thank you so much .:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License