Blogger Widgets

Why do I complain?

This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 57; the fifty-seventh edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with ​Madhu Vajpayee, the author of Seeking Redemption and Shades Publications, the publisher of Friendship- Bonds Beyond Time.
Won the Silver Award

I speak of my miseries,
Like it is difficult to bear.
I share my sorrows,
Like that is all is left.
I cry out my failures,
Like success had me “spare”.
I expose my wounds,
Like healing will never be there.

And then –
The homeless man smiles and says,
“Hold my hand”;
Ushers me to his land of nothingness,
where every moment he struggles;
The bone freezing breeze,
The gut wrenching hunger,
The diseased pathway bed,
The rotten smelling dress,
The happy families passing by,
The stories of love,
The success of aspirations,
The everlasting feeling of being unwanted.

As I stand there with my numb soul,
I think to myself,
“Why do I complain?”


The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Participation Count: 03.

Image Credits - Blog-a-ton
Poem © Copyright Salvwi Prasad (POETICbug)
Creative Commons Licence

17 comments:

  1. I like this genre ... close to reality ... naked and brutal truths .... Ruthless nature!

    I will vote for the first half!
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You justify your blog handle every time I visit you. So true, you are a poetic bug! Loved reading the poem! All the best for BAT! Keep writing :) Happy Diwali!

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we complain of things when people have it worse than us. Very real, like Mahesh says. Sometimes, we forget to see that the grass is greener on our side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...you have put it very nicely,at the end i liked it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. we always look at only one side of the coin but when it flips reality stood naked in front of our eyes, beautifully written

    Happy Diwali, My Blogaton entry Hold My Hand

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Post. Yes we most of the times complain of ourselves but compared to the problems others facing our problems may be nothing. I liked the way you compared. Right on the topic. ATB for the BAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought provoking take on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I think that explains everything. Just, wow!

    It would mean alot if you could check out my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true..sometimes we get this much indulge in our problems that we become blind to rest of the world and forgot to feel gratitude to God for such a beautiful and healthy life.
    Inspiration
    Aspiration
    Hopes&Happiness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments help me improve.

You may also like to read

Creative Commons Licence
All posts of this blog by Salvwi Prasad is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License